Report a Crime

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

All emergencies should be reported by calling 911.

Routine or non-emergency calls should be reported by calling 203-977-4444 or you may coming to Police HQ at 805 Bedford Street.

Some routine calls, such as Identity Theft or lost or stolen cell phone, require the victim to fill out forms. Visit our Police Forms page to download these forms.

A person can fill the forms out prior to coming to police headquarters or calling the police to come to their home to save time. Please read any accompanying instructions carefully to ensure you have the appropriate documents/signatures/etc. should any of these be required.

Citizens can also text 911.

Oftentimes, in cases of domestic violence or other situations in which a victim of a crime must remain subtle while contacting the police, calling is not a safe option. In these cases, a person can simply text a message to 911 in order to report a crime. This option helps ensure safety while a civilian receives police assistance.