The Mayor is pleased to issue officiation proclamations/recognitions from the City of Stamford to honor or recognize a person or an event that reflects special occasions or outstanding accomplishments in the lives of Stamford residents. The Mayor's issuance of a proclamation/recognition does not constitute an endorsement. Proclamation request can be submitted to email@example.com
- Requests must include several (5-8) short one or two-sentence paragraphs about important things the organization/individual has done throughout its history, highlights, facts, etc., and why this day should be proclaimed.
- Requests must be submitted three weeks (21 business days) prior to the due date.
- Maximum one proclamation yearly per requester or event. Proclamations will not be issued for any matter with potential political controversy, or which may suggest an official City position on a matter under consideration or to be voted upon by the Board of Representatives. Additionally, the Mayor will not recognize any group whose policies or aims advocate violence, hatred, or any other position contrary to the well-being of the citizens of the City of Stamford, CT, or the quality of life in Stamford. No proclamation shall be used as a part of an advertisement or commercial promotion without the express permission of the Mayor’s Office.
Proclamations/recognitions are official documents signed by the Mayor and issued for:
- Public Awareness
- Arts and Cultural celebrants
- Charitable fundraising campaigns
- Special Honors
Proclamation requests will be denied for the purpose of:
- Family Reunion
- Pastoral Anniversaries
- Birthday Celebrations
- Class Reunion
- Recreational Events
- Retirement Ceremonies
- Wedding Anniversaries
- Personal Achievement
Certificates or letters of recognitions will be issued instead.
Proclamation requests will also be denied for:
- Deceased individuals
- Organizations of other cities that have no locally based chapters or specific connection to Stamford.
- Individuals from other cities who are non-residents of Stamford.
Please keep in mind:
- Proclamations must be picked up from the Mayor’s Office and will not be mailed.
- Proclamation may only be picked up only after you have been notified it is ready at City Hall.
- The Mayor’s Office reserves the right to determine the type of document to be issued.
- The Mayor’s Office reserves the right to deny any request.